I’m a list maker. I have a calendar that synchs with my phone, my IPAD, my computer, my husband’s calendar and most importantly, my head. I’m usually pretty good at mentally keeping post it note reminders stuck in my brain, recalling them at the right moment and completing the task. Current state of having an 18 month old notwithstanding, my normal nature is to be organized. Unless you look in my car. Or my closet.
But sometimes friends, it just ain’t enough. You feeling me?
This week the to-do list mocked me. I got sucker punched by my calendar. And my mental post it note reminders? Lost their sticky. Like the cheap ones you get in convention goody bags. My record this week in terms of wins/losses would get me in hot water if I was a college football coach. I am only hoping that by publishing my record here, that some of you will confess too. Please? Surely, you’ve had weeks like this.
Heather’s Win/Loss Record:
- A feeding therapist suggested we get an electric toothbrush for Tucker-the vibrations will help “wake up” his mouth before he tries to eat solid food. The appointment was three weeks ago. We still haven’t bought toothbrush. LOSS
- Added toothbrush to Target list WIN
- Get toothbrush home to realize it doesn’t vibrate at all. Rather, it plays music. Because that’s helpful. LOSS
- During RSV season (started this week-sniff.), we buy our groceries online and pick them up in the drive through lane. Yes, this is awesome. When you remember to pick them up. Less awesome when you forget and your kid has no milk. And it’s Monday morning. With an early work meeting. And husband has to go to store before work to get forgotten milk. LOSS
- This also means no protein bars for mama’s breakfast. Resort to sugary cereal in pantry. Eat cereal on commute. Straight from the box in my lap, while driving. Classy. LOSS
- Realize meeting for tomorrow on my calendar is not at my office-it is actually offsite. In ATLANTA. 4 hours away. Scramble to make arrangements. LOSS
- Successfully synch phone to rental car so I can do conference call from the road AND get Pandora to work on bluetooth thingy. WIN!
- Forgetfully sing straight through conference call. Annoyed that someone keeps calling me and disrupting my Dolly Parton sing-a-long (with a Pink/Rolling Stones grand finale). LOSS
- Remember to pack workout clothes for trip WIN
- Chose the hotel treadmill that sounds like a turbo prop plane. Built in TV volume won’t go above 2. LOSS
- Get home to my favorite blondie who has now learned to say his name. WIN
I am working on my list for next week. It starts with this: 1. Deep Breath 2. Pray 3. Be better than last week
“But all things should be done decently and in order.” I Corinthians 14:40